Thursday, February 26, 2009

Victor's sketchbook











The students have been busy lately, designing their "Self Collages," using Adobe Photoshop. I hope to have several of those posted next week. In the meantime, I wanted to show some student sketchbook work from the past few weeks.

Victor is a Junior and one of our most promising students. A former gang member, he left this lifestyle behind several years ago and, today, downplays any prior involvements. He has been very active in the anti-gang movement that is being developed within our school (I'll keep you posted on the developments of "A Better KCK" as they occur). Victor is also a new dad. Two weeks ago, his girlfriend (another of my prized students who graduated last year) gave birth to a baby boy.

Victor loves Art and isn't afraid to try new things. Since he's a few days ahead of the class on the current project, and has been badgering me to learn how to use the scanner, I asked him to capture some images from his sketchbook. This was in hopes of having a couple of his Victor Jr. portraits. Unfortunately, he ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment